Hi Dave,

Today, I have written some test scripts to check the snmpv3 trap handling. Most variants works fine now after applying my patch to fix this NULL pointer problem.

But this test does not work:

claus-kleins-macbook-pro:snmp-test-T058agentauthtrap6_simple-9766 clausklein$ tail *.conf
==> snmpd.conf <==
smuxsocket 1.0.0.0
com2sec testcommunitysec default testcommunity
group testcommunitygroup v1 testcommunitysec
view all included .1 80
access testcommunitygroup "" any noauth exact all none none
trapsess -v 3 -e 0x80001f88017f000001 -u trapuser -l noAuthNoPriv
udp:127.0.0.1:5689
authtrapenable 1
master agentx
agentxsocket tcp:127.0.0.1:7050
authcommunity read,write snmptrapd default -V all snmptrapd

==> snmptrapd.conf <==
authcommunity log public
authUser log trapuser noAuthNoPriv -V _all_ '*'
agentxsocket tcp:127.0.0.1:7050
createUser -e 0x80001f88017f000001 trapuser MD5 --none-- DES --none--
claus-kleins-macbook-pro:snmp-test-T058agentauthtrap6_simple-9766 clausklein$

I send you my test scripts and the patch.

May you please check it?

With regards,
Claus