Thanks for the reply.  I got it to build by removing everything I could
think of related to the Fedora packages that I installed and then did a
'make clean' (the source is from http://www.net-snmp.org/download.html).  I
think it was the make clean that did the trick- don't know why I didn't
think of it sooner actually.

I'm on to trying to code table access (sipUACfServerTable to be exact).  I
may have more questions on that later....