> "tcpd" might be more relevant - that's a
> common name of the tcp_wrapper daemon.
>
> What files does it include?   ("rpm -q -l tcpd")
> Can you find a file "libwrap..." on the system at all?
> ("locate libwrap")

Yes that seems to be it.  Somehow in our strange setup,
libwrap.a is not being linked correctly into the netsnmp
.so's.  We're trying to resolve this.

An interesting sidenote is that we are able to dump OIDs
from the agent.  It's only our own OIDs that bomb.  That's
because the agent apparently doesn't go through the
netsnmp_agent_check_packet fcn where the hosts_ctl call is.
Right?