On 02/05/07, M L <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Issue #1: If I run the command above first...I get errors.

What errors?

> I am able to use the tools, except the trap daemon (snmptrapd); its
> configuration is quite catchy....

SNMPv3 traps are probably the single hardest thing to get working.

> I am receiving these traps(when looking with -D), but still I couldnt get
> the daemon to log them to a file; I get the following errors:
> usm: usm: USM processing begun...
> USM processing begun...
> usm: usm: match on user a
> match on user a
> usm: no match on engineID

That's what I'd have guessed.

How *exactly* are you defining the users in your snmptrapd.conf file,
and how *exactly* are you specifying the SNMPv3 settings in the
trap generator?
   You almost certainly will have to explicitly specify the engineID
in one (or both) of these two systems.

Please see the SNMPv3 trap tutorial at
    http://www.net-snmp.org/wiki/index.php/TUT:snmptrap_SNMPv3