[Please change the subject line when using "reply" to start a new
thread.]

        That's why it's a warning, not an error - it means you should be
concerned

> While running this in mips board I am not getting any linkUp
> Down traps.

        A Google search on "MIPS linux sysctl" hits several pages such as
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2007-01/msg00210.html which make
it pretty obvious that MIPS linux does indeed have sysctl, so it's probably
best to enable it.  I believe the correct way to do this is to edit acconfig.h
after running configure, and changing the definition of NETSNMP_CAN_USE_SYSCTL
from "#undef" to "#define", but, having never done this, I can't be sure.

> But If I am compiling it for a general Linux box , it's
> giving the trap notification perfectly.

        There may be some gap in general for MIPS Linux - we are talking about
a rather uncommon processor here.

        HTH,

Mike