        This should be done via firewall.  There is no host filtering mechanism
in SNMP, for good reason.

> 2) I am using "snmpget" command( say from abc machine)  to
> get sysuptime of remote machine(say xyz machine sysuptime).
> In remote machine (xyz) , i ran snmpd command as
> /usr/sbin/snmpd -f -Le -d  and i  have observed that , the
> "sysuptime snmpget request from abc machine is displayed on
> screen" but no response from "xyz" machine.

        By "no response", do you mean the request is timing out?

> I have verified host file in both machine and i observed
> that, the host file of  abc machine  has  an entry for xyz
> machine and similarly for host file of  xyz machine   have an
> entry for abc machine.

        The "xyz" machine doesn't even need the host entry, as it will respond
to the IP address, which it got as part of the request.

>  And  also snmp.conf file in xyz
> machine have entry " rocommunity  com_name  abc" .

        That needs to be in snmpd.conf, not snmp.conf.

        HTH,

Mike