On Tue, Oct 27, 2009 at 6:18 AM, malar vizhi <malar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hrSystemUptime gives wrong result under Windows box. But its giving
> accurate result under linux box. Why so??.
>
> $ uptime
>  10:48:37 up 1 day, 55 min,  0 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
>
> C:\>snmpget -v 1 -c public localhost .1.3.6.1.2.1.25.1.1.0
> HOST-RESOURCES-MIB::hrSystemUptime.0 = Timeticks: (89727265) 10 days,
> 9:14:32.65
>
> "uptime" command gives a correct uptimeof my windows machine. But the snmp
> gives me totally different value.

Which implementation of the HOST-RESOURCES-MIB are you using ? The one
included with Net-SNMP or Microsoft's implementation via WinExtDLL ? If you
don't know the answer to this question, please post the contents of the
c:\usr\registeragent.bat file you are using. The variable called
'additionaloptions' in this file specifies which of the two
HOST-RESOURCES-MIB implementations is loaded.

Bart.