On 5 February 2010 00:50, Mike Ayers <mike_ay...@tvworks.com> wrote:

>        Does your firewall have port 162 open?
>  Have you tried sending to 127.0.0.1
> (Same machine for send and receive, correct?)?

But surely this would only affect whether the trap was
*received* by snmptrapd?
  Mike(B) has said that turning on debugging on the
client side indicates that the notification was never
actually sent in the first place.

  I'm inclined to agree that this points the finger
at a problem with the snmptrap command itself.