On 6 April 2010 10:09, sanjaykumar <sanjay.ku...@globaledgesoft.com> wrote:
> So we are sending the inform with WRONG engine ID,
> once we receive the REPORT then we update the required data-structure
> then RESENT the inform request and it is working fine.  Does it correct
> approach ???????

That's essentially the same approach as I described earlier.

> Or i need to discover the engine ID, first  by sending the GET request ,
> Then send the inform request.

It makes no difference whether you send a GET request
or an INFORM request - the message will be rejected in
either case (because it doesn't have the correct engineID).

Each approach will then process the rejection report in
exactly the same way (extracting the engineID and boot
count/uptime values).   So it really doesn't matter whether
you send a GET probe or an INFORM probe - either will
work, and either is valid.