From: b...@live.com
To: d.t.shi...@liverpool.ac.uk
CC: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: RE: Strange behavior on linkUpDownNotifications‏
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 18:05:44 -0400

I tried snmp 5.3.3 on both 64 bits and 32 bits servers, and the link traps only
partially worked for 32 bits server. By "partially", I mean that the agent
didn't take the frequency and -S option, it just simply used the default one
(one minute) and didn't suppress the traps at the agent startup.
I had the following in snmpd.confnotificationEvent  linkUpTrap    linkUp
ifIndex ifAdminStatus ifOperStatusnotificationEvent  linkDownTrap  linkDown
ifIndex ifAdminStatus ifOperStatusmonitor -S -r 10 -e linkUpTrap   "Generate
linkUp" ifOperStatus != 2monitor -S -r 10 -e linkDownTrap "Generate linkDown"
ifOperStatus == 2

ThanksXuan