In my agent extension, I have to implement one or more objects that
represents the "minutes of the week" (HH:MM of MON, THU, WED..). This is
for a electronic programmable thermostat that can be configured
differently for each day of the week.

I have four solutions, but I don't know what is the best.

The first is to implement a single numerical object that represents the
"minutes of the week". This is very simple (just one object) to
implement, but I think it will be difficult to read from a user
perspective (he or the SNMP manager should convert the minutes into the
day the of week, hours and minutes).

The second is to split the "minutes of the week" into three objects: day
of the week (1...7), hours (0..23), minutes (0..59).

The third is to code the "minutes of the week" as a standard DateAndTime
textual convention of 8 bytes. In this case I should set to zero some
fields (year, month, day, deci-seconds) and I don't know if some manager
could crash with these strange values.

The fourth is to define a new private/custom TimeOfWeek textual
convetion of 3 bytes (day of the week 1..7, hours 0..23, minutes 0..59).

What do you prefer?