Yes, I see what Olga means, for me it seams something magical.
I am also interested in collaboration structures within communities working
together on one code.

On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 4:55 PM, Olga <olga.pana...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I thought forking was intrinsic to open source mentality, the possibility
> of taking what's out there and driving it somewhere else. Keeping one
> singular path instead of forking I guess requires a top-down strategy,
> doesn't it?
>
> However I see there a tension that I never quite understood how is solved
> in practical code development. If everybody took different directions we
> would be left with infinite parallel options and would be missing the point
> of working together on one particular project to make it stronger. I guess
> open source culture is about reaching a balance between the two. Still don't
> know exactly how it works in practice. How does ubuntu evolves out of so
> many people working for example? How is it all put together? Who decides
> what's to be included and what not?
>

> --
> Olga P Massanet

Double Blind (Love) performance Annie Abrahams Curt Cloninger 29 - 11 - 2009
Information :
http://livingroomart.wordpress.com/performance/double-blind-love/

Video "Squad" fragment 3 min Riam06
http://aabrahams.wordpress.com/2009/10/06/squad/ http://vimeo.com/6926113