How To Build an Open Source House?

Found this on Slashdot.org

"I'm starting a project that I hope that the engineers, makers and
general DIYers in the Slashdot crowd can help out with. The full story's
on the website, but the short version is as follows: my aim is to make a
cheap, recycled, sustainable building, to document the process fully and
to release anything that would help others to do the same. I intend to
use an old train carriage as the shell, but the ideas should extend to
shipping containers, aeroplane fuselages or anything similar. I know I'm
not the first to do this, but I can't see anyone else who's provided a
detailed step-by-step account of the build, complete with plans and the
rest. Before I start, though, I'm trying to draw on as much collective
experience as possible, and to head off mistakes before they happen. My
question to Slashdot is simple: what do you think I need to know before
I begin?"

http://www.overtheunderground.com/