Hi Alan,

 > Oh Marc, This is great! I have a friend who is getting his Phd from the
 > European Graduate School - studying under Badiou and Agamben. I feel I'm
 > too old to go back to school, but when I got my MA (Brown
University), the
 > courses were absurd, just close reading of texts to no purpose at
all; we
 > didn't even read the 'continental philosophy' of the period, Sartre etc.

 > My education has all been self-educated so to speak; Brown was useless.

Well yes - same here, and of course you know this. I'll be bringing some
mud from my feet into the University environment. Physically, mentally
and metaphorically ;-)

I suspect you've been reading all the essential and (perhaps some) less
'officially' accepted material anyway; and Brown University was more a
small part of a much larger process of relational understandings,
discoveries and explorations.

 > And your topic seems wonderful!

I have already begun writing...

 >> Congratulations! again