On 14/11/11 23:12, Eduardo Valle wrote:
> How can we  think about  free software or free culture  living under:
>
> ICANN dictatorship ?

People are working on distributed DNS and mesh networking.

> Microprocessors dictatorship ?

You can use a pencil and paper or an FGPA.

> For the Empire Version 2.0 (facebook-google-twitter) is it interesting
> to have a license like creative commons where they can track without
> legal problems ?

They can do that anyway as they set the terms of use for using hteir
services. They don't need CC to do that at all.

But the services CC do enable are the alternatives to those services. It
is interesting to have a licence where we have a legal substantial
non-infringing use for p2p services so that when people say they are
just for "piracy" we can prove otherwise.

> How about IPV6 and the limits of the net ?

IPV6 is a privacy concern. This is why Tor-style systems and their
successors are important.

TOR was originally paid for by the US Navy...

> Can we talk about Culture Flat Rate ? How is it going  ?

Soviet-style payment for mass culture is a really bad idea.

> Free Culture or freedom to track ?

These are separate issues. If we use CC to remove the ability to gate
culture and use the GPL to remove the ability to spy on network
connections this decreases the economic incentives for tracking....

> Free software but microprocessors dictatorship ?

If you're talking about DRM, the CC licences and the GPL both resist that.

> Digital Culture but living unde the process of digitalization of
> different culturessssssssssss  ? (with a lot s - i mean plural)

It's easy to avoid digitization. Don't do it. There are also strategies
of resistance to the digital.

> How about the colonization of "real time" by USA with
> (google-facebook-twitter) ?

Certainly I can imagine high-frequency trading and real-time activity
streams joining up to great effect.

Google, Facebook and Twitter function perfectly well without CC licences
though. We can't sulk them out of existence by refusing to use an
alternative to the terms that they dictate to their users...

- Rob.