On 15/11/11 21:54, Eduardo Valle wrote:
> Compatible is not equal so the British as a "good" and old empire will
> be independent  from a USA- NGO financed by Soros and etc.

Certainly there's no upgrade path to be abused if CC turn evil, and I
can easily imagine sovereignty concerns playing a part.

The OGL is usable alongside data under pretty much any free licence, but
specifically resembles CC-BY.

> They say to you use this license but they dont care about tracking in
> fact they can track you, because they just want to control the content

Tracking does not require free licencing. The major trackers all use
Terms and Conditions to track you.

> and not to sell your product (only if they think they profit - profit in
> a broader sense). What they care is about selling technologies and
> systems , and off course control the content , and also hype the ones
> that are using in order to expand their network.

Yes. Which is why it's strange Facebook and Twitter don't hype the
"technologies" of these licences.

> The benefit for the public ? Shure ? I am not shure, the systems of
> tracking and the internet police are getting worse, so whats the use of
> it ?

The benefit of data to the public. Free culture and free data do not
presuppose or support tracking.

> Digital Culture is a term invented that can not be applied nowadays,
> what we are seeing is a process of digitalization
> of different cultures,  in a world of various cultures.

Yes I'd like to understand this better.

> Sorry about my ignorance but what is FGPA and Tor style systems ?

FGPA is "Field Gate Programmable Arrays", they are a kind of microchip
that can be structured through software and used to emulate microprocessors:

http://www.opensparc.net/fpga/index.html

http://www.ht-lab.com/freecores/cpu8086/cpu86.html

http://opencores.org/

TOR is "The Onion Router", a system for anonymous (but not encrypted!)
web browsing:

https://www.torproject.org/

> IPV6 is a private concern ? Can you develop on that.

IPv6 is much better at identifying you to the network:

http://www.ipv6.ru/russian/presscenter/press/ebsco/1.php

> How can you say that Culture Flat Rate does not work ? Have you read the
> reports on it ?

I can say it doesn't work because it will go to the major record labels
and remove any social or market incentives to create anything other than
the blandest bandwidth-filler.

> Systems - interfaces - terms of use - moderators  -  quite the same
> everywhere.

Not at all.

http://autonomo.us/2008/07/franklin-street-statement/

https://duckduckgo.com/

https://identi.ca/

https://joindiaspora.com/

http://libre.fm/

http://mediagoblin.com/

http://www.wikipedia.org/

> Free software but microprocessors dictatorship ? What i am saying is
> that 2 companies dominate that market of microprocessors (your computer
> run without them ?),

Which two? Intel dominates the market but ARM has surprised a lot of
people. AMD, Oracle, IBM, Apple and others are still producing their own
processors, and then there's the Chinese...

The economics of hardware are a different matter from the freedom to use
the hardware that one owns however.

> whats the alternative to that and how can you talk about a free software in
> that situation.

The full-stack alternative is running GNU Social on an FGPA-based
GNU/Linux box over a mesh network.

More practically, use the smallest ISP you can find to connect your
GNU/Linux box to free network services, and don't overlook old-fashioned
free media like mailing lists. :-)

- Rob.