On 14/11/11 22:47, Eduardo Valle wrote:
> Creative Commons is a NGO financed by Google (we are not evil :-))) and
> HP , invented and promoted by a Prof of Law from Havard,
> Larry Lessig.

Oh it's far worse than that. They were originally funded by Soros's OSI
and have received donations from Microsoft.

;-)

> The same University that costs 25.000 per semester for a student , in
> Europe or in any other country of the world this will pay at least one
> year of studies and in same cases all the masters course.

Yes this is why I don't like educational institutions using
Non-Commercial licences.

> Some goverments are adopting this license without even think about, the
> interests behind, who benefit from that ?

The public.

> Why the British goverment didnt accepted ?

The UK Government wrote their vanity licence because the CC licences are
not currently recommended for data (this should be fixed in next year's
version 4 revisions), and the licence needed to be used for data such as
maps and statistics.

They did explicitly write it to be compatible with the Creative Commons
Attribution licence, though.

> Free Software, Free Culture - this terms should be rethinked it is like
> Digital Culture -
>
> Are you free ? What is freedom ?

In this context, free as in free speech.

>Are we living under the digitalization of cultures instead of "digital
>culture" ?

Can you expand on that? It's sounds like a really important distinction.

- Rob.