On 17/03/12 10:14, Annie Abrahams wrote:

> of course I am glad, happy for Rob to be in this show

Thank you! I didn't for a moment think that you weren't. :-)

> I posted because I was thinking, am thinking about gender and power,
> influence, attention, - feel quit confused about it, but noticed form@t
> didn't include "female" formats and made me think about if these exist
> yes they must, they do
> *Can we find good examples*?
>
> And why they are omitted?
> does form@t mean control?
> is the show a formalistic exposure?
>
> I know that the initiator of the online art presentations in Jeu de
> Paume is a women - she  invited Christophe Bruno - an artist I know and
> appreciate - she is having a lot of difficulties defending online art.

Yes my contacts from the gallery were female, and I didn't think to ask
further about other people in the show.

> Does the institution need a strong male presence to "try to be convincing"?
> Is it a sign of times not changing? Are we still at the Three Guineas
> time of Virginia Woolf

Hello my unexamined male privilege. :-/ I'm grateful to you for raising
this, and embarrassed on my part that I didn't consider it.

- Rob.