On Sat 08 Sep 2018 at 07:25:17 +0000, Thomas Mueller wrote:
> I like substance as opposed to hot air, hence would stay away from something
> like Enlightenment (seemed poorly documented, at least in the time of NetBSD
> 7.99.1.

Try ctwm. An older version is already installed with NetBSD. In (very
very very) short, it is twm + workspaces + lots of other stuff.
I like the "tabbed" window titles (config option SqueezeTitle) and
dragging them along the top of the window (with Alt + mouse button 1) so
you can put several windows on top of each other and still easily access
them. Idea is originally from BeOS :)

I just sent a pr to update the version in pkgsrc to 4.0.2 (the latest)
from 4.0.1.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- Wayland: Those who don't understand X
\X/ rhialto/at/falu.nl      -- are condemned to reinvent it. Poorly.