From: Andi Kleen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 01:44:34 +0200

> To be fair the situation as seen from the Linux kernel software perspective
> is very similar for TOE and for LSO - both are patented by someone
> and it might be better to not touch any of them because of that.

LRO requires no software support, so I wonder why people keep saying
there are software patent issues wrt. LRO.  The stack already
can receive chained larger-than-MSS frames transparently if the
NIC should choose to do so.

There is no "software" to add in order to support LRO.

I feel like I've stated this at least 3 times already. :-)