--- jamal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Did you actually run into some issues that prompted
> you to produce this
> patch? Why would you want to have something not in
> the priomap to
> do any queueing of packets?

I wrote this patch because the qdisc wasn't running
correctly when I used priorities that are not in the
priomap, because of this bug. I was testing an
iptables target that sets the skb->priority field.
Changing the priomap causes problems since it changes
PRIO's behavior for all packets, not only the ones
that go through this target.

Anyway, even when all the bands appear in the priomap,
it makes more sense to go over each band only once as
the patch does, instead of multiple times as the
current implementation.

Amnon