On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:
git-bisect of mainline claims that the regression was introduced by commit
0fadb0597d240d4ed279042cab632d567510a1a3, "e1000: Fix collision distance".
Jeff(K), I can test patches...

it appears git bisect is wrong, there is nothing in that patch that would have broken the receives.

however i believe that is a side issue.

the 0-8 patchset that I sent earlier today should *finish* the application of our patch series, and also fix the bug you noticed.

The root cause of the bug is that the receive routine was in a bad state because we didn't submit our prefetch patch, which unfortunately didn't have just prefetchy things in it.

yuck.  anyway please let us know if the new patches work better for you.

Thanks,
  Jesse