Ok, thanks for the reminder Hasso.
so essentially at the moment the pid that will show up (if
quagga added the v6 route) will be that of quagga, correct?
Same with v4 iirc? If yes, then isnt it logical that if ifconfig added
an ip address it should naturally be ifconfig's pid that shows up (for
consistency)? Note we can add ip addresses via netlink with newer
kernels and the apps/user-space pid will show up[1].

cheers,
jamal

[1] I understand the point put forward by Alexey that: had he called
that field "port" instead of "pid" when he created netlink, things would
have had different semantics - I am just talking about consistency here.