On 1/23/17, 9:03 AM, Or Gerlitz wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 23, 2017 at 6:13 PM, Roopa Prabhu <ro...@cumulusnetworks.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Also, the goal is to reduce the number of vxlan devices from say 4k to 1.
>> I don't think replacing it with 8k (egress + ingress) rules is going in the
>> right direction.
>>
> Can't you take advantage of the shared vxlan device configuration
> introduced throughout the LWT work such that you have single device dealing
> with many tunnels? why?

I tried to cover this in my initial paragraph in the cover letter:
"lwt and dst_metadata/collect_metadata have enabled vxlan l3 deployments to use
a 'single vxlan
netdev for multiple vnis' eliminating the scalability problem with using a
'single vxlan netdev per vni'.
This series tries to do the same for vxlan netdevs in pure l2 bridged networks.
Use-case/deployment and
details are below." there is more in the cover letter on this.

There is no route pointing to the vxlan device here. vxlan device is a bridged
port. And it bridges local host ports to remote vxlan tunnels
vlan-to-vxlan.