From: Roland Dreier <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 13:34:30 -0700

> Well, in the past it's seemed more like patches have been rejected not
> because of a blanket refusal to consider support for certain hardware,

Then why in the world would we put up explicit web pages that
say "TOE is bad, here's a list of reasons why" if we had any
intention of ever adding support for these kinds of devices?

        http://linux-net.osdl.org/index.php/TOE

It had nothing to do with a particular implementation of the patches,
it had everything to do with fundamentals of the technology.

It's going to be difficult to discuss RDMA and iWARP sanely unless you
accept the indisputable fact that we've rejected TOE as a technology
entirely, and it is an example of precedence for disallowing support
for entire classes of hardware.