Hey Gang:

Both at UNM and Bluelane we have used Ixia's ANVL test harness for
verifying TCP protocol compliance with the RFC's. Recent additions
to Ixia's ANVL GUI provide a ethereal like GUI. It looks really slick;
even providing ladder diagrams for quickly viewing the big picture.

Unfortunately Ixia told me they don't have any plains to port the
new GUI to linux. Instead they are trying to migrate Linux developers,
us, to using Windows. Yeck!

With Ixia migrating away from Linux I was wondering if we should
consider using an alternate test bed for TCP protocol compliance.

Do any of you use tools other than ANVL for RFC compliance while
hacking to the tcp code?

In the unlikely event that there isn't an alternate; is there any
interest in a netdev group effort to motivate Ixia to porting their C
sharp code to linux. I get the feeling that come of their developers
would like to port the code to linux.

-piet

--
Piet Delaney