On Wed, 2006-11-15 at 11:05 +0100, Jiri Benc wrote:

> I wasn't in times when there was no cfg80211. But now... yes, you're
> right. The sysfs ieee80211 class exports just some interesting
> informations (we already agreed that add_interface and remove_interface
> would go away). Feel free to move it wherever you think is appropriate.

Even with cfg80211 we have the wiphy concept embedded in there. Not much
difference because we still have to do tc on wmasterN and "wiconf" on
wiphyN. So that doesn't really change anything. Now, we could of course
drop the wiphy concept from cfg80211 easily and require doing all these
things on wmasterN. That's the option I considered in section (8). I
don't like it too much, but I think I could live with it.

johannes