Le 26/05/2015 12:53, Alexander Holler a écrit :
Am 25.05.2015 um 15:09 schrieb Nicolas Dichtel:
[snip]

Hmm, sounds like we're talking in different rooms about the same thing in regard
to the dump. ;)

I just wanted to explain why I think this series misses the (extended) dump
which includes all interfaces (those of other namespaces too).
Héhé, I'm fully aware of the limitations, we move step by step but feel free to
send a patch ;-)
More seriously, I'm thinking to that problem but I did not start anything right
now and I don't know when I will have time to do it.
If I understand well, you are saying that this missing part is blocker to use
the new socket option. I don't agree with this. Doing a dump in an another netns
is easy to do.

How does one use NETLINK_LISTEN_ALL_NSID without beeing able to dump all the
interfaces of namespaces your patch series might send messages for?

The only way I currently see, is to start the listening part before any
namespace is created. Doing so, it can fill it's internal structures with the
RTM_NEWLINK messages (besides that missing one for lo). But how do you get these
RTM_NEWLINK messages for already created namespaces and their interfaces, if not
by a dump?
I don't understand why dumping in another netns is a problem.

Regards,
Nicolas