On 02/04/2016 12:32 AM, Stephen Hemminger wrote:
> On Wed,  3 Feb 2016 04:04:36 +0100
> Nikolay Aleksandrov <ra...@blackwall.org> wrote:
>

>> +static inline int ethtool_validate_speed(__u32 speed)
>> +{
>

> No need for inline.

This is defined in a header, if it's not inline you start getting
"defined but not used" warnings.

> But why check for valid value at all. At some point in the
> future, there will be yet another speed adopted by some standard body
> and the switch statement would need another value.
>
> Why not accept any value? This is a virtual device.

It was moved near the defined values so everyone adding a new speed would
remember to update the validation function as well. That being said, I don't
object to being able to set any custom speed to the virtio_net device especially
when there're physical devices that can have speeds outside of these defines.

Michael do you have any objections if I respin without the speed validation ?

Thanks,
 Nik