Dear all,

As a contributor, I browsed through draft-ietf-netmod-yang-metadata

-
       The set of annotations must be extensible in a distributed manner
       so as to allow for defining new annotations without running into
       the risk of collisions with annotations defined and used by
       others.

What does "in a distributed manner" mean?

- In the introduction, you mention:
   Typical use cases are:

   o  Deactivating a subtree in a configuration datastore while keeping
      the data in place.

   o  Complementing data model information with instance-specific data.

   o  RPC operations may use metadata annotations for various purposes
      in both requests and responses.  For example, the <edit-config>
      operation in the NETCONF protocol (seesection 7.2 of [RFC6241]
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6241#section-7.2>)
      uses annotations in the form of XML attributes for identifying the
      point in the configuration and type of the operation.

Don't you have any other examples than those 3?
What about showing these examples with the spec. in this document?
Note: I see that the first one is documented with module example-inactive

- Please correct the IANA considerations as in RFC7277, in particular the
Registrant Contact:
   This document registers a URI in the "IETF XML Registry" [RFC3688
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3688>].
   Following the format inRFC 3688 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3688>, the
following registration has been
   made.

       URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:yang:ietf-ip

       Registrant Contact: The NETMOD WG of the IETF.

       XML: N/A; the requested URI is an XML namespace.

Regards, Benoit

All,

Today is the cutoff date for the Last Call for this draft, but the author indicated that comments received today or tomorrow can be incorporated into the draft-update being worked on. So, if you have any lingering reviews, please send them before as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Kent