Acee,

This is going to become very interesting very quickly. Routing DT has decided
to define a container for oam-protocols. LIME has decided it wants to define a
generic YANG module for all OAM in draft-tissa-lime-yang-oam-model.

Which model does BFD augment? Or did you just kill the whole charter for LIME??

> On Aug 28, 2015, at 6:20 AM, Acee Lindem (acee) <a...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> Why doesn’t it help? In the next revision of the Routing YANG DT model,
> we’ve switched from including specific models to defining classes of
> models with identities. For example,
>
> grouping oam-protocols {
>      container oam-protocols {
>          list oam-protocol {
>              key "type";
>              leaf type {
>                  type identityref {
>                      base oam-protocol-type;
>                  }
>                  mandatory true;
>                  description
>                      "The Operations, Administration, and
>

>                       Maintenance (OAM) protocol type, e.g., BFD,
>

>                       TWAMP, CFM, etc.";
>              }
>              description
>                  "List of OAM protocols configured for a
>

>                   networking instance.";
>          }
>          description
>              "Container for list of OAM protocols configured for a
>

>                networking instance.";
>      }
>      description
>          "Grouping for OAM protocols configured for a
>

>           networking instance.";
>  }
>

> Then the grouping is include the networking-instances.  By doing this, the
> intent is that it would be evident as to where a particular model would be
> found.

Mahesh Jethanandani
mjethanand...@gmail.com