On Wed, Oct 07, 2015 at 05:37:36PM +0000, Kent Watsen wrote:

> This is a notice to start a NETMOD WG last call for the document:
>
> Defining and Using Metadata with YANG
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-netmod-yang-metadata-02
>
> Please indicate your support by Thursday October 22, 2015 at 9PM EDT.
> We are not only interested in receiving defect reports, we are equally
> interested in statements of the form:

I am concerned about this text:

   Annotations modify the schema of datastores and/or management
   protocol messages, and may also change their semantics.  Therefore,
   due care has to be exercised when introducing annotations in
   network management systems in order to avoid interoperability
   problems and software failures.

I think we should actually very clearly discourage annotations that
modify the schema of datastores and/or management protocol messages
instead of assuming all annotations are free to do so.