On 02/03/2016 03:07 PM, Robert Wilton wrote:
Hi Kent,

There is also another Yang Mount related draft: draft-clemm-netmod-mount-03

Now, this draft doesn't directly address the RTG DT Arch team use-case, and seems to cover two more complex problem scenarios (remote mount and alias mount), but these do appear to be a valid mount use cases (e.g. I think that it is used by OpenDaylight SDN controller), and I know that there is at least one implementation of this draft.

I would like to clarify here. OpenDaylight has the equivalent of draft-bjorklund-netmod-structural-mount as its core concept, somewhat described in https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:_SAL_Architecture_Overview#Nested_Subsystems. The term 'mount' originates from there and deals exclusively with the problem of nesting/rehoming YANG models.

draft-clemm-netmod-mount describes particular use cases of how such a nested subsystem may be realized and deals with actual data movement. As such, these are considered non-core plugins in OpenDaylight.

Bye,
Robert