Rob,

On February 4, 2016 4:57:24 AM Robert Wilton <rwil...@cisco.com> wrote:

Hi,

I wasn't actually suggesting that Alex's YANG mount draft be considered
as a solution here.  I think that this draft is probably sufficiently
complex that it would require a lot WG discussion and hence take too
long to standardize to meet the RTG DT requirements.

Hence, I envisage that we'll end up with two drafts:
  1) A basic mount draft - based on either Martin's Structural Mount or
Lada's Ysdl drafts.
  2) A revision of Alex's YANG mount draft that extends from the base
mount draft (1) above to cover alias and peer mount.

The meeting should focus on (1).

But what I am suggesting is for either Alex or Eric to evaluate both
Martin's Structural Mount and Lada's Ysdl to determine whether either of
the drafts are particularly better/easier/cleaner to extend to cover the
Alias and Peer mount use cases covered in Alex's YANG mount draft, since
that might be useful to help identify which of (Martin's Structural
Mount of Lada's Ysdl) should be chosen as a starting point as a WG solution.

I hope this clarifies my previous request.

Yes.  Although to me a merging may be more appropriate/likely then picking one.

Lou

Rob