Kent,

Thanks for the response see below.

On February 9, 2016 3:54:41 PM Kent Watsen <kwat...@juniper.net> wrote:

Hi Lou,

I know that this is a difference between the solutions, but I don’t see it listed as a requirement. There is a requirement to return the diff, but that’s all. Is there actually a need to return both sets of data? - or is this just a desire for the diff to be able to return both (as oppose to the transform)?
What I see is from draft-ietf-netmod-opstate-reqs

      C.  Be able to retrieve both the applied configuration and
          derived state aspects of operational state together

Maybe I’m turned around, but I thought this was about returning both intended and applied configurations together at the same time, which I didn’t know was a requirement. Certainly returning applied config + derived state (e.g., all op state) is a requirement, as you cite above.

You're headed the right way. Was just pointing out what is in the requirement document.

I see the original OpenConfig doc/approach as supporting this (returning
both sets) but not stating this as an explicit requirement.  I do think
I've heard such usage in discussions too.

Yes, actually, they returned all three sets of data (intended config, applied config, and derived state)

 Just wondering if this is a must-have or a nice-to-have.
I think this is one for Anees/Rob...

It would be good to get that clarification.

Agreed.
Lou
 I wonder if it might be considered  errata  ;)

Kent