I think the issue is at the end of the sentence, my proposal:

    - the Internet-Draft is re-posted.
    + the work is published (e.g., it becomes an RFC).

That said, for IETF drafts (not other SDOs), my understanding is that the
revision statement’s date value SHOULD be the date that the I-D is uploaded to
IETF datatracker.  All my drafts are built using a Makefile that includes `sed`
processing instructions to set the YANG module dates to the current date - and
they include RFC-Editor instructions to reset the value again to the date the
RFC is published.

Kent   // as a contributor

On 8/11/16, 5:06 AM, "netmod on behalf of William Lupton"