Thanks. e.g rather than i.e sounds good, BUT my point (sorry if that wasn’t
clear) is that this sentence seems to be contradictory. It says:
Unpublished versions, i.e IDs, can reuse revision statements.
IDs MUST update their revision dates each time they are re-posted.

My suggestion of removing the parenthesised text was to remove this
contradiction. Right now I’m not clear that I can rely on revision dates in
YANG modules contained within IDs.

William

PS, I think that the removal of this text removes the contradiction because in
order to make sense of the sentence the reader will be forced to the conclusion
that IDs are not regarded as being “unpublished”.