Hi Michael,

Thanks for the helpful email.

> In general, I believe that distinguishing between different terms for "service
> model" is useful.
>
> Actually, I would suggest to align the terminology in
draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-
> model accordingly, e.g., by using the term "Customer Service Model" in the
L3SM
> WG. For instance, the title of draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model-12 "YANG
Data
> Model for L3VPN service delivery" is quite inconsistent with the use of the
term
> "service delivery" in draft-wu-opsawg-service-model-explained. It would be
> good to avoid confusion.

Yes.
Although we added text to draft-wu-opsawg-service-model-explained to explain the
terminology mapping, I think you're right that it would be even better to avoid
the need.

So that is an issue to take to L3SM (or the IETF last call of
draft-ietf-l3sm-l3vpn-service-model)

> Despite the discussion in https://www.ietf.org/mail-
> archive/web/opsawg/current/msg04486.html, the draft still contains the wording
> "all of the parameters". I continue to believe that a wording such as "the
> parameters" would be more consistent with the rest of the document talking
> about operator-specific augmentations etc.

My bad dropping that email.
I'll go back and respond on that thread.

> The document, in particular in Section 6.1, could better distinguish between
the
> terms "module" and "model", if an alignment with draft-ietf-netmod-yang-
> model-classification is the objective. One example where the terminology is
not
> entirely consistent is the sentence "add an additional example of a Network
> Service YANG model as shown in Figure 4". That figure actually shows modules.

Nice point. Does anyone have a reference for the definition of model and module
in the YANG context (or I can search :-)

> Apparently Section 6.4 refers to MEF 55. I wonder why the specification MEF 55
is
> not referenced. Also, I believe the terminology in Section 6.4 may have to be
> reviewed. For instance, MEF apparently uses the term reference points
> ("Management Interface Reference Point") instead of "interface" in MEF 55.

Thanks for the pointer. It is hard to search all of the MEF documents (public
and private) to find a figure.
I will add the reference and clear up the language.

> Editorial nit: s/to/two/ in "The service model may divided into to categories"

Ack

Cheers,
Adrian