On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 09:49:25AM -0700, Andy Bierman wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 9:32 AM, Juergen Schoenwaelder <
> j.schoenwael...@jacobs-university.de> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Aug 03, 2017 at 09:18:10AM -0700, Andy Bierman wrote:

> > origin

> > > IMO this is not correct.
> > > There are no standards at all to define these things.
> > > Our server supports an implementation of config templates that expands
> > the
> > > template when it is first created.  A different proprietary
> > implementation
> > > MAY choose
> > > to expand templates in some other way.  Since there are no standards for
> > > this purpose,
> > > any proprietary implementation decision is valid.
> >
> > So your implementation allows a client to write something to <running>
> > that transforms into something different at the time it is written (or
> > committed I assume)? Anyway, my statement was:
> >
> >   If your server does not support templates or inactive configuration or
> >   the like, then intended is just an alias for running.
> >
> > So it does not apply to your implementation.
> >

> IMO the concept of NMDA conformance is still very under-specified.

Seems you are changing topic.

> There should be a clear statement in RFC 2119 terms for the exact
> datastores that are considered standard datastores.  This needs to
> be 100% backward compatible with RFC 7950 and RFC 6241 requirements
> for the 3 traditional datastores.

The protocols (with their various capabilities) expose different sets
of datastores. I agree, the protocol documents should state clearly
what is required to expose for the different protocols and what is
optional to expose.

> I don't care if new datastore usage is unbounded, as long as the
> client developer knows what to expect from an NMDA-compliant server.
>
> The WG needs to deliberately (not haphazardly) determine the
> interoperability boundaries.

Yes, but it is not this WG but the other WG I think.