On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 11:20:54AM +0200, Ladislav Lhotka wrote:

> Note that the namespace information needn't be sent along with every XPath
> expression as it would probably be the case in the XML encoding of option A.
> Only if a new namespace is being used, the "namespace" list has to be
> updated.

Can we pre-populate the context with namespaces, for example,
controlled via an extension of yang library? Perhaps we can simply
pre-polutate contexts with all module names? Yes, I know this makes
xpath expressions rather verbose but on the other hand it takes away
guesswork and (client) tools may do expansion of an unprefixed
expression into a proper namespace prefixed expression.

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>