On Tue, 2018-10-23 at 12:16 +0200, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:39:22AM +0100, Robert Wilton wrote:
> > Hi Juergen,
> >
> > Is this the same as Martin's alternative B proposed previously (attached)?
> > Or are you suggesting a different alternative?
> >

> Likely the same, but I admit that I do not understand Martin's
> comment:
>
>   Con: in XML, this leaf is treated differently from other XPath
>        expressions, such as get-config filter and nacm rules.
>
> If the context has ietf-interfaces pre-populated and you receive
> if:ietf-interfaces with proper XML namespace bindings, one could add
> the prefix if to the namespace declarations. One might even use (if
> the server signals that it supports prepopulated namespaces) the
> module name prefixed xpath expressions in say get-data.

This may be the best option: the "verbose" prefix/namespace bindings will be
available in all encodings, which doesn't prevent users of the XML encoding to
define additional ones.

I would suggest to extend the definition of the "xpath1.0" type with the
corresponding specification of the default XPath context.

Lada

--
Ladislav Lhotka
Head, CZ.NIC Labs