First, I agree with Jürgen that the "target" terminology confused me,
especially so given you have target-module and inline-target-spec.  Like
Jürgen and Rob said, "schema" seems to work better.  And maybe
"inline-schema-module-spec" would be clearer that the spec modifies the
modules from which the schema is generated.

To the point about yang-data-ext/structure, I see instance data was very
useful, but it's a must to be able to augment its metadata.  YANG
Catalog would use that.  If this draft moves forward without
sx:structure, then I think it would need to be straight YANG so that
augments will work (i.e., a schema element would exist to augment).

A few other comments (minor):

Section 2.1:

"P2 Re-use existing formats similar to the <get> operation/request"

Isn't the format similar to a <get> _response_ versus the request?

===

Section 3

s/and and/and/

Joe