Hi Tarek,

On 8/10/20, 7:27 PM, "Tarek Saad" <ts...@juniper.net> wrote:

    Hi Acee,

    Are you checking https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang-14?
    If so, Figure 2 shows the module is augmenting IPv4/IPv6 AFI with MPLS for
paths - check the paths
    augment /rt:routing/rt:ribs/rt:rib/rt:routes/rt:route:
    augment
/rt:routing/rt:ribs/rt:rib/rt:routes/rt:route/rt:next-hop/rt:next-hop-options/rt:simple-next-hop:
    augment
/rt:routing/rt:ribs/rt:rib/rt:routes/rt:route/rt:next-hop/rt:next-hop-options/rt:next-hop-list/rt:next-hop-list/rt:next-hop:

    You'll notice the MPLS augmentation above is applicable for all RIB types
(including IPv4/IPv6 and the new AFI introduced by this module). The MPLS
augmentation for IPv4/IPv6 RIBs are specific to IP prefixes that are MPLS
enabled.

That is how I originally interpreted this augmentation. Precisely, what
constitutes a route with MPLS enabled? Is it any route for the which the MPLS
augmentations are applicable or only routes on which they are present?

    You'll also notice draft-ietf-mpls-base-yang is defining a new RIB
address-family for MPLS as per section 3 in RFC8349 (search for "identity mpls"
in YANG module).
    The new MPLS RIB address-family is meant for "non IP" MPLS routes (e.g.
MPLS routes installed by RSVP on transit nodes, cross-connects, etc.).

Then what is missing is an augmentation for the destination-prefix that is
specific to the MPLS AFI. You should not be overloading the local-label which
applicable to all AFIs is also the destination-prefix for the MPLS AFI.

     augment "/rt:routing/rt:ribs/rt:rib/rt:routes/rt:route" {
       when "derived-from-or-self(../../rt:address-family, "
          + "'mpls:mpls')" {
         description
           "This augment is valid only for native MPLS routes.";
       }
       description
         "This leaf augments an native MPLS route.";
       leaf destination-prefix {
         type rt-types:mpls-label;
         description
           "MPLS destination prefix.";
       }
     }

    Given the above, can you take another look and let us know?

I think you must follow the AFI specific augmentations set forth in RFC 8349.
It is not for the augmenting models to break these conventions

One more nit, why is label-block_state not label-block-state?

Thanks,
Acee

    Regards,
    Tarek