On Sun, Aug 30, 2020 at 09:00:46AM +0000, Qin Wu wrote:

> Regarding operation type tag, take ietf-interfaces in RFC8343 as an
> example, ietf-interfaces include interface statistics data object
> which can be seen as performance metric related data objects,

[...]

> however these statistics doesn't tell you whether in-errors is
> current value or average value or total value,

Wrong. The semantics of the counter types provided by ietf-yang-types
are well defined.

> so does count related data objects defined in ietf-dhcpv6-server of
> draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-yang

[...]

These leafs are poorly defined and I expact that this will be fixed
before publication. (Standards for counters are relatively useless if
everybody implements different counters.)

Fax:   +49 421 200 3103         <https://www.jacobs-university.de/>