On 18/02/2022 18.11, Andy Bierman wrote:

On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 8:39 AM Martin Björklund <mbj+i...@4668.se <mailto:mbj%2bi...@4668.se>> wrote:

    Hi,

    I didn't find any discussion about the new percent types in the list
    archives.  Do we really need three types for percent?  We can now
    express 4294967295 percent, but not 10.5 percent.

IMO it is a mistake to have too many ways to do the same thing.
We already have the "units" statement to add details like "percent" and "centiseconds".
(And there are RFCs already that define types this way.)

uint8 and int32 and uint32 for percent? Plus the units approach?

+1

How about adding decimal64 as an option? Then 10.5 is solved.

/Vladimir