In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Tim Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Barry.Allen
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I use a few webforms on my websites which are with ZEN.

> > When a form is completed, up should come a page which says
> > thank-you for filling in the form, but with Netsurf a page comes up
> > which says:-
> > "Automatic form response

> > Problem Encountered

> > The page you sent the form from was not set up correctly. Please
> > let the author know.

> > The author of the page needs to include the following HTML tag
> > within the form:

> > &lt INPUT NAME = "recipient" VALUE = "your_email_address_here" TYPE
> > = HIDDEN &gt " In ZEN forms they don't need a line like the one
> > above. They have, I think, a better method where the recipient's
> > address is just a number. This number is used to look up the email
> > address in an address file on the server.

> I think they do; that message is not likely to be generated by
> Netsurf.

I have 188 web forms on my websites which all work fine in any other
browser that I have tried. Even Oregano 2 and Firefox on RISC OS. They
also work fine with Internet Explorer and Firefox on a PeeCee. The
other 187 folk have not complained that their contact forms don't work.
:o))

> Most good ISPs have made some serious efforts to stop web forms being
> used by spammers and the like and insist that they contain one of
> their own valid addresses. Why not put in the line it was asking for
> and see what happens?

See above. That is not the way that ZEN set up their forms. The forms
contain my account number and the index of the recipient in the email
address file on the server. In the example below the account number is
'zen57462' and the index in the address file is '26'.

> > An example of one of my forms is at:-

I've changed the example so that the person in the last one I gave does
not receive unsolicited messages. :o))

http://www.zen57462.zen.co.uk/n/contacts/contactme.htm

--
Barry A.