On 13 May 2008  Tim Hill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> In article <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Richard Porter
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> I hope one day someone will come along with a pedantry checker.  ;-)

>> I knew someone would say that!

>> Using the right word or ending instead of the wrong one isn't
>> pedantry!

> No, your intervention was pedantry. And OT.

Pedantry?

Accuracy?

OT? OK!

I regret that this is the sort of phenomena for which the media has to
take the blame, with its ignorance of singulars and plurals.

And don't start me on "data"; "Data isn't what they used to be":
Philip Howard.

<scuttles off into a druck-proof shelter>.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \   /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne     \ / __            __  \                              England.