In article <e45ef42650.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
   Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
> On 1 Feb 2009 Tim Hill wrote:

> > I thought browsers ignored white space and in no way thought that would
> > be the problem. Other browsers obviously must not translate white space
> > into an extra newline where none is needed. Sometimes Netsurf does.

> Any white space should translate into a single space, but I agree it
> is sensible to ignore spaces on the end of a line.

     Yes, but Netsurf still inserts a space after an end tag - so that an
end tag immediately followed by a visible or invisible character can throw
onto the next line. This bug was reported a couple of years ago and still
seems to occur under certain circumstances even with r6326.

     Mind you Netsurf isn't the only browser which has that problem.

                         Keith

--
Inspired!