On 6 Jul 2009 as I do recall,
          Russell Hafter  wrote:

> Like Rob, I do not understand why people would be swapping
> fonts all the time either. I have 25 font families on this
> machine, and feel pretty certain that I could bin at least
> 50% of them and never know the difference! I do not have a
> separate Font Management utility either.

The reason for swapping fonts (assuming that other people mean by that
what I do, of course) is the same as the reason for organising files
into directories, or any other form of subdivision: once you get beyond
a relatively small number of items in a given group, having them *all*
displayed simultaneously actually makes it harder to locate and pick the
one you want.   Having fonts organised into different groups and
swapping them in and out according to what you actually happen to be
doing makes them quicker and easier to select, that's all -- and
applications like Draw+, which fail to respond to an updated Font$Path
but rely on scanning all the currently swapped-in fonts on start-up and
have to be quit and restarted before you can make any others available,
then become a source of irritation.

--
Harriet Bazley                     ==  Loyaulte me lie ==

It is far better to be deceived than to be undeceived by those we love.