On 19 Sep 2011  Dave Higton <davehig...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

> In message <a3cf1d1552.pnyo...@pnyoung.ormail.co.uk>
>           Dr Peter Young <pnyo...@ormail.co.uk> wrote:

>> On 18 Sep 2011  Dave Higton <davehig...@dsl.pipex.com> wrote:

>>> Barclays works fine with NetSurf.  I always use a very recent version,
>>> and I do all my on line banking with NS.
>>
>> Is this with the little keypad thingy that Barclays sent to the late
>> S(WMBO)+(WILAC), and which we never used? HSBC have just started using
>> these, and even before then their on-line banking stopped working with
>> RISC OS NetSurf; I haven't yet tried it with the keypad.

> Yes.

> All the keypad does is generate numbers, which appear on its display.
> All you do is copy the numbers from the display to NetSurf's writable
> icons.  Works a treat.

> There is no electrical interface between the PINsentry and the computer.
> PINsentry has a keyboard (through which all its input goes) and a
> display (from which the user copies all PINsentry's output).

Thanks for the technical info. (Getting back on topic) Does this mean,
then, that the HSBC site is working again with NetSurf? If so, I'll be
glad to have one less use for Windows.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /                 \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.